A newborn baby almost died after contracting herpes in his eye after being kissed at a christening.
Noah Tindle was just four-weeks-old when his mum, Ashleigh White, 21, noticed her son’s right eye has become swollen, blistered and was watering.
Ashleigh was devastated when she was told her son was likely to have caught the disease through an infected adult kissing his face.
Now she’s on a mission to spread awareness and warn people not to kiss newborns, who can die from the disease.
Noah was rushed to hospital and was quickly diagnosed with herpes simplex virus 1 [HSV-1] – known as the ‘kiss of death’.
He almost went blind in one eye and two-and-a-half months in hospital recovering but is now on the road to recovery.
The phone sales agent said: ‘We went to a christening where friends were holding and kissing him – it could have been any of them.
‘I just want to make more people aware of the risks and consequences of kissing a baby, especially a newborn when you suffer from cold sores as I know how heartbreaking it can be seeing your baby so poorly.
‘Hardly anyone had seen the photos of Noah when he contracted the virus until I posted the pictures online but I thought it was important to spread more awareness.’